Race Course & Safety
The race begins at Marine Park in Fairhaven and continues along the beautiful etched limestone shoreline down
around Clark’s Point into Mud Bay and back to Marine Park. This is a 6-mile-long course with gorgeous views of
wildlife and the San Juan Islands.
(Wind and water conditions will influence final course details, with the possibility of a downwinder.)
• Paddlers must pre-register for the race, complete the waiver, pay the registration fee, and check-in on race day
to be on the racecourse. Be sure to pick up a hull number if you don’t have a PNWORCA issued number.
• Boats must be safe, seaworthy, and appropriate for open water.
• Paddlers are required to wear a PFD and have a whistle on their person.
• Although safety boats will be on the course, racers must be capable of self-rescue in any conditions that may
be present on race day. Use good judgement and be honest about your abilities for the conditions.
• Surfskis, Outrigger Canoes and Stand-up Paddleboards must have a functional leash attaching paddler to craft.
• Recommended: High visibility clothing, VHF radio/cell phone.